Automotive Tune-Up Allen, TX
Your car’s engine is made up of hundreds of complex components working together to ensure that your vehicle starts and runs properly. Over time, these components can wear out, resulting in a loss of performance and fuel economy. We’re here to help maintain your vehicle and extend its life.
It may be time for a “tune-up” if you notice one or more of the conditions below when starting or driving your vehicle:
- a decrease in gas mileage
- a noticeable loss in power
- your engine running “rough” or stalling when at a stop
- engine “knocking” when accelerating or running-on after the ignition is turned off
- your “Check Engine” or “Service Engine” light remaining on after initial start-up
The Tune-Up Service Includes:
- Remove old spark plugs (and spark plug wires if required)
- Install new spark plugs based on manufacturer recommendation
- Visually check engine air filtration system: engine air filter (replace as needed); breather element (replace as needed, if equipped); PCV valve (replace as needed, if equipped)
Kwik Kar of Allen checks the engine air filtration system during our 23 Point Full Service Oil Change and Lube Service.
Kwik Kar of Allen recommends a Tune-Up based on your manufacturer’s recommend interval. This time period can vary greatly based on your vehicle make and model.